The General Management Club
A club that interests a majority of students on campus, the General Management (GM) Club is an important club for any class at ISB. With a host of leadership programmes and strategy roles being offered on campus, the role of the club has become increasingly important. Like other clubs, the GM club also needs to prepare students well for the recruitment process, apart from facilitating learning and networking.
- Alumni speaker sessions: The club organized various alumni interaction sessions throughout the year, helping students connect with alumni across industries and functions. Some major sessions organized by the club for the class of 2016 included alumni from the Tata Group, Microsoft, and Aditya Birla Group, to name a few.
- ET Young Leaders Programme: A coveted Pan-India programme, the ET young leaders programme was organized by the club on campus in association with the Economic Times and the Aditya Birla Group. While the leadership sessions organized were very useful, the competition also saw 5 ISBians become ET young leaders after competing with thousands from across B-schools in India.
- Peer 2 Peer sessions: The club helped leverage the diverse experience of various students in the class. Peer 2 Peer sessions with students who were relatively senior helped understand nuances of various roles and what is needed to excel in those.
- Placements preparation: With placements round the corner, the club organized various resume reviews, mock group discussions and interviews in coordination with the Learning & Development department at ISB. This really helped students prepare well for campus recruitments. With various companies visiting the campus simultaneously, it can get overwhelming for most students. It really helps when your preparation is facilitated by the club, helping you prepare for specific roles of your choice.
- Industry trek: The club organized an industry trek to various parts of India, covering various industries such as media, e-commerce, telecom, real estate, automotive etc. Some of the companies included HT Media, Zomato, CarDekho.com, Times Internet, Schneider, and Ericsson. The interaction helped students get clarity on these companies and also understand the various roles offered (and expectations thereof) by these recruiters.
- C-Suite: The club organized C-Suite, an inter-school competition which started with an aptitude test followed by several other activities, with participants from across the country battling it out to come out on top. The contest was judged by Mr. Kumar, Sr. Editor at The Tribune and Mr. Vashisht, an ISB alumnus from the class of 2012.
The GM club, therefore, plays a pivotal role in preparing the class for strategy and leadership roles which come to campus in plenty. The networking opportunities facilitated by the club, along with insights into various roles and companies, really goes a long way to help one land their dream role at ISB.
* All the Student Diaries have been written by ISB Alumni. ISBmantra holds no responsibility on the completeness and accuracy of this information. However, we endeavour to obtain all the content from reliable sources and keep the information up-to-date.