The 8-member team of elected student representatives, shouldering the responsibility of an engaging and exciting year for all PGP students!
ISB is a completely student-driven school where every year the PGP candidates of the current batch constitute the Graduate Student Association or GSA. And like all communities/groups, there is a board to lead this association, called the Graduate Student Board or GSB.
GSB is essentially a democratically elected team of student representatives who act as a bridge between the student community and school administration. Their primary responsibility is to ensure that student interests are adequately raised and represented to the school. GSB comprises of 7 student councils reporting directly to the GSB President. Each council further has its own President and a 5-6-member core team. Together the board leads the charge for both academic and extra-curricular activities on campus, undertaking initiatives to ensure the intellectual, social, and professional development of the class.
To read more about Professional and Social clubs, click here.
GSB as a body has a lot of autonomy in operations, with a generous monetary budget at its disposal. Having said that, GSB is accountable for smooth communication and implementation of admin-level decisions affecting student life on campus.
While being part of the GSB comes with many privileges and unmatched access to school resources, administration, and alums – it is a full-time job, with no room to slack off! The board members have to execute the responsibilities of the office while also managing the daily humdrum of academics and activities as part of their PGP coursework.
For more info on PGP coursework, click here.
- GSB President: The President is arguably the most important member of the GSB. She represents the student body and is responsible for coordinating all activities throughout the year. All clubs and councils report to the GSB President. She is also the custodian of ISB’s flagship annual event – the ISB Leadership Summit (ILS), along with keeping a close watch on other marquee events. Hence, all student interests are looked after by the GSB President and she becomes the face of the PGP class at ISB
- Career Advancement Council (CAC): CAC is your go-to team for all placement related matters and honestly the first bunch of people you would want to hug to thank, post the gruesome placement week! Although known for spamming your inbox and making you “volunteer” to compulsorily attend pre-placement talks, they undertake the most important task of the year – getting you your dream job! A link between the Career Advancement Services (a.k.a. placement cell) and the students – they play a pivotal role in the most crucial days of the year coordinating activities to ensure a smooth placement process
- Academic Affairs Council (AAC): AAC is the link between students and the Academic Services and Administration department (ASA). The AAC ensures that all academics-related concerns and queries of students are voiced to the authorities. From professor and course feedback to information on electives, all information is channelled through the AAC, which is led by the AAC Director. The council also includes coordinators for peer-to-peer (P2P) learning sessions, section representatives and the curriculum feedback lead, among others.
- Finance & Governance Council (FGC): FGC manages the budget and finances of the GSA. It also monitors the participation of students in various inter-school events and competitions through the B-school representative who is a part of the council. Acting as a treasurer, FGC maintains budget and expenditure statements and collaborates with ISB’s Finance and Student Engagement and Applied Learning (SEAL) departments
- Marketing & Communications Council (MCC): MCC undertakes marketing and promotion of all events on campus across the year. Custodian of the ISB brand, the team coordinates various media and marketing initiatives across the two campuses. The council comprises offices for web & social media, knowledge initiatives, merchandising etc. The MCC, in coordination with the SLC, also undertakes the biggest batch-favourite initiative – that of ideating, designing, shooting and compiling the annual batch Yearbook that captures the best memories of the year
- Student Life Council (SLC): Holi Party, the annual ISB Ball, Diwali celebrations and so much more – SLC coordinates all social activities and events at ISB. Although widely known for organizing parties, the SLC’s mandate goes much beyond that. They work to bring the student community closer and help PGP students build a strong personal and professional network. SLC director, inevitably one of the most popular students on campus, along with the team proactively takes up the charge to cheer up students whenever life on campus gets too overwhelming
- Alumni Relations Council (ALC): ALC helps organize alumni activities and events all-round the year. Apart from contributing towards flagship alumni events such as Solstice at Hyderabad and Equinox at Mohali, the council ensures regular interaction through an alumni mentorship programme, resume reviews, mock interviews as well as speaker sessions
ISB Trivia: Solstice & Equinox are the most looked forward to annual events at ISB, popularly referred to as “a crazy 3-day long party!”
- Operations and Sustainability Council (OSC): OSC team looks after all operations and facilities-related issues on campus. In addition to the Director, the council includes coordinators for food & beverage, IT and the Learning Resource Center (LRC) i.e. the library, sustainability and student accommodation
Given that the GSB touches all aspects of student life at ISB, it becomes imperative to have a strong GSB core team. Hence, elections become extremely important and every vote counts! Undoubtedly, the GSB core is the backbone of the class and should be elected with the utmost care.
With a strong focus on ISB and a team of Former ISB Admissions Officers on Board, ISBmantra offers personalized Application Consulting & Interview Prep services. Feel free to send your profile to email@example.com for a free profile evaluation