ISB Interview Exp. (Technology): Mapping and Location Services / 3 years 8 months

This is the real ISB interview experience of a candidate who has 3 years 8 months of work experience in Mapping and location services.

ISB Interview Experience - Maping and location services, 3 years 8 months
Interview Date27th February, 2016
Work ProfileMapping and Location Services, 3 yrs 8 mths
One word before the interviewApology

Qn: So tell me about your project that you have mentioned in the first essay.
A:  Told them in brief what the project was all about.

FollowupQn:  So how did you bring in those savings number that you have mentioned in the essay?
A:  Told them about the process improvement activity that I had done and gave them an overview of how savings were calculated.

FollowupQn: So this was not hard savings right? Or was it?
A: No, these were soft savings. We call them Lean savings in our organisation

Qn: Tell me how many parking lots are there in this hotel?
A: I need some info on the number of rooms available and the average in and out time.

Followup: Assume 200 rooms and an average check-in/out time of 2 days.
A: Assuming 90% of the people come here with their cars and the rest 10% are said like me who come via ola/booked car service or maybe come for sight-seeing/ a couple of hours stay, I would say 180 plus 10% buffer which brings the count to `200

Qn: Tell me about the Kaizen event you mentioned in essay 2. What is Kaizen? How was this helpful?
A: Gave a brief on what kaizen is, how it helped the organisation solve a major process bottleneck.

Qn: Tell me about your major competitor’s market share.
A: Gave the market share of google maps

Qn: Tell me a few major differences between Google Maps and Here Maps
A: Gave 3 differences

Qn: What do you think about failure?
A: I believe failure is very important because of 2 reasons: One it tells you where you are lacking and which areas to improve on and second; it keeps you grounded

Follow up Qn: Tell me one time that you failed in your personal life and how you coped with it.
A: Gave them an example of not getting into IIT even though I have been academically very strong since childhood. But not giving up and completing my engineering from a reputed college.

Qn: Why do you want to do an MBA considering the fact that you are doing really well in your job?
A: I want to do in an MBA because I want to move into the e-commerce industry

Qn: But you have mentioned in your application that you want to move into real estate/banking.
A: Clarified my point and told that what I had mentioned was that my mapping experience can be leveraged to real estate and banking industries

Follow up Qn: How will you do that?
A: Gave examples of how maps and location service can be used in banking and real estate.

Power packed interview packages

We can provide complete support during your ISB interview preparation through our power packed preparation module and personalized mock interviews.

Check this article – ISB interview, we have shared important interview tips and interview questions by A M Kannan, Ex ISB Director, Admissions and Financial Aid, Senior Mentor at ISBmantra.

Feel free to contact us for any further queries.

Write A Comment

Subscribe toISB News / Updates: