Star Faculty at ISB (Electives)
ISB takes immense pride in its faculty. And why shouldn’t it? The school brings together academicians who are masters in their respective fields and teach at the best global B-schools. Moreover, they are involved in cutting-edge research which is brought to class well before it is published or shared with the academic and professional world.
In this article, we discuss some star professors who take elective courses at ISB. While each professor at ISB is a star in his / her own right, we picked some who have been hot favorites among a majority of the students at ISB:
- Ashish Kohli (Financial modelling): An ex-Investment Banker, Prof. Kohli is currently the Director of Corporate Relations for Finance at the Simon Business School (University of Rochester). Also a corporate trainer, he trains across continents with various financial services firms including big banks such as HSBC. Excellent at what he does, you cannot afford to miss his course at ISB – but only a few get to attend it due to the fiercely competitive bidding for his course. His course is hence a favorite among students at both Hyderabad and Mohali campuses. Professor Kohli is a Chartered Accountant by qualification and earned his MBA from Kellogg.
- Ed Rogers (Managing complexity): The Chief Knowledge Officer at NASA, professor Rogers is a true rockstar! He teaches “Managing Complexity” at both the campuses, a course he designed specifically for the only B-school in the world where he teaches – ISB! An amazing singer, he graces some of the events with a song or two. In addition to the PGP, he takes classes for some of the executive education programs at ISB. Prof. Rogers earned his PhD from Cornell University.
- Krishnamurthy Subramanian (Mergers & Acquisitions): An expert on banking and economic policy, professor Subbu writes for leading global journals on banking, law and finance, innovation and economic growth, and corporate governance. He has been a member of various banking supervision committees and is also on the board of Bandhan Bank. Professor Subbu holds a Ph.D. from the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business. He earned an MBA from IIM Calcutta after completing his engineering from IIT, Kanpur.
- Louis Thomas (Economics of Strategy): A former McKinsey consultant, professor Thomas earned his PhD and MBA from Harvard University. His classes are a treat, especially the session where he draws parallels between marriage and consulting careers. He is also an associate professor of management at the Wharton school. His research interests include competitive strategy and game theory.
- Piyush Kumar (Marketing Services): Professor of the Year (Electives) for the class of 2016 (Mohali campus), Prof. Kumar’s classes are thought-provoking and loved at both the campuses. A PhD in Marketing from Purdue University, Prof. Kumar teaches a course which helps you understand business holistically. A professor at the University of Georgia, his areas of expertise include marketing analytics, brand strategy, social media and service strategy.
* All the Student Diaries have been written by ISB Alumni. ISBmantra holds no responsibility on the completeness and accuracy of this information. However, we endevaour to obtain all the content from reliable sources and keep the information up-to-date.